Hazardous Freight Carriers’ Liability Insurance
Goal of the Compulsory Civil Liability Insurance of Hazardous Freight Carriers is ensuring protection of life, health, material values of the third party and environment by means of insurance compensations in the event of an incident with hazardous freight in the course of its delivery from the sender to the recipient through the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic.
first of all, claims to compensate harm to life and health of individuals; 2) second, the harm done to property of individuals; 3) third, the harm done to property of legal entities; 4) fourth, the harm done to the environment
- The Insurant is an individual or legal entity who signed the insurance contract with insurance company (insurer).
- Insurance Period is 12 months (at implementation of employer’s activity for less than twelve months the contract is signed for the term of implementation of this activity)
1. Minimum size of the insured amount and tariffs of rate of insurance according to insurance contracts are developed and established by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Amount of an insurance rate for certain freight is established depending on classification of hazardous freight, volume of carriage, type of transport which transports it, and other factors influencing the extent of potential damage and probability of its causing.
Important to know:
Hazardous freights are divided into the following classes:
- class 1 - explosives;
- class 2 - compressed, liquefied and dissolved under pressure gases;
- class 3 - flammable liquids;
- class 4 - flammable substances and materials;
- class 5 - oxidizing substances and organic peroxides;;
- class 6 - noxious (toxic) substances;;
- class 7 - radioactive and infectious materials;
- class 8 - caustic and corrosion substances;;
- class 9 - other dangerous substances.
2. Object of the Compulsory Civil Liability Insurance of Hazardous Freight Carries is property interest of a Carrier connected with obligation established by the civil legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic to compensate harm inflicted to life, health, material values and (or) environment.
3. The Carrier’s civil liability is subject to insurance for each vehicle unit used for transportation of passengers.
3. Transportation of hazardous freights by the Carrier which did not sign the contract of compulsory carrier’s civil liability insurance is prohibited.
4. The Carrier which is carrying out international transportations is obliged to sign the contract of compulsory civil liability insurance of hazardous freights Carrier according to the international treaties which come into force under the established procedure which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic
5. An individual driving a vehicle transporting hazardous freights shall be obliged to have the insurance certificate (certified copy) on compulsory civil liability insurance of the hazardous freights Carrier to provide it for check to the individuals authorized to it according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
6. Minimum amount of the insured sum and rates of insurance for insurance contracts are developed and established by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
7. Amount of an insurance rate for certain freight is established depending on classification of hazardous freight, volume of carriage, type of transport which transports it, and other factors influencing the extent of potential damage and probability of its causing.